Monday, September 30, 2013

Post Baby Body

Gaining weight is part of the getting pregnant game, I knew it would happen but I was totally blown away with how far you can get in to a pregnancy and not gain much weight ( I only gained 9lbs at 20 weeks)... And then you hit a turning point and you literally just pack on the pounds. Right after I hit the third trimester I gained around 6-8lbs every two weeks for about a month (- again, blown away). I would almost get mad at the nurse adjusting the scale at my dr appointments bc my weight was literally leaping across the scale in the heavier direction. My OB didn't want me to gain more than 25-35lbs and I balanced out at 32lbs total because I lost a few pounds towards the end (I literally couldn't breath and eat at the same time, I was that big.)

Baby was 8lbs 7oz at birth and I was 151 pounds on delivery day.  The goal weight now is 115lbs (I was 119lbs at 7 weeks pregnant.) And today im 126lbs! woohoo!

I finally bought a scale with the intention of keeping track of baby's weight gain, but I figured I can keep track of my weight too. I'm slowly getting back into a small workout routine. Basically taking walks in the morning and doing lunges and leg lifts, all while pushing the stroller. Every day I feel like very little changes are happening and that's good enough for now.
Before and After Baby Boy

No comments: