Tuesday, September 24, 2013

During the Day with Baby

What is it I do all day long? Well, I've just gotten down a semi-good routine of how to go about the day, and keep me and the baby happy... as well as fitting in must-do important things like dr appt's or grocery shopping. I have to think about this stuff a day in advance so im prepared. We start out by waking up around 5 or 6am for a baby breakfast feeding that usually lasts about an hour. I call nursing Breakfast, lunch or Dinner. (Nursing sounds so graphic. His diapers are also his Shorts. Rarely are they a diaper, they are shorts.) I hope that after eating baby gets a little tired so I can put him in the car seat and we can get out of the house for a walk around the neighborhood. For now this is my only form of exercise for the day which is fine b/c I'm still feeling a little sore from the delivery (6 weeks recovery, my bew-ttocks!). I just got cleared to exercise by I have numbness on my right hip and possibly a cracked tail bone, got a neurologist apt coming up to get it checked out. Before we get out the door I make oatmeal with slices of banana in a to-go bowl and put in the holder of the stroller so I can get in breakfast while walking, all while also holding the leash of our precious baby Maltese, Maddie, b/c I cant leave her inside while we go walking - cant trade one baby for another.  This all sounds so simple, but mornings are kind of a toss up. I get thrown curve balls ever so often (a blow-out diaper which usually means a emergency bath for baby), and then I get a shower when there's time... hopefully before 9 or 10am. Most of the day is all about getting baby fed before he starts screamin', and at least two naps. I keep reading how a baby who naps well, will sleep really well at night time so getting two naps in during the day makes him pretty happy. We just got him to a 5hr stretch, but that only happened one time. I'm happy with 4 for now really. :o)

one month
 GliderElephantBaby Throw
 
One Month Old Conor
 

No comments: